Saturday, August 29, 2009

Changes

Well, it seems like Michael has officially gone from newborn to baby. Maybe that doesn't seem like that much of a distinction, but if you think of a sleepy, squishy little ball of chub to an alert, interactive "tank" of a boy...there you have it! He is such a little angel and just seems to look for an excuse to smile! He lights up all our hearts. "sighs" His skin has shown some slow improvement, so thank you all for your concerns. It is so nice to know that other babies have had the same problems and turned into very normal human beings! (Ha, the way I phrased that reminds me of a quote concerning children, "It's a shame they have to grow up to be people.")

Our first week of school went so well. I mean, considering having a 2 month old. He interrupted it every time, but I just kept thinking, "If I don't get stressed now and lose it, then when I really get his schedule down and can school the girls without interruptions I should have a great attitude. This is the hardest it is going to be." Um, hopefully...

It is inevitable that I will mention postpartum weight loss and exercise in the majority of my posts, so you guys are going to have to get used to that! I am really trying to find time to exercise consistently. Sometimes I feel like I've been trying to exercise all afternoon - get 10 minutes in, stop take Shiona potty, get 5 minutes, stop nurse Michael, 15 minutes, stop answer phone call...then...oh! time to get a shower and prepare dinner before Seth gets home! It's crazy. I tell you sometimes I actually have worked out at 1:00am! Obsessed? I think not! However, once Michael is more predictable with his naps I think I will be able to fit it into my day better. I am so into the kettlebell right now. It is such fun and I really feel my heart pumping. I never feel like I've had a real workout if I'm not short of breath some of the time and haven't sweated much. This accomplishes both!

Okay, I need to sign out and get all the little ones to bed. Seth has spent all day trying to update my laptop. It hasn't been updated in years! So, needless to say I wanted to thank him and there is a UFC PPV tonight that he had wanted to watch. I practically forced him to go with his friends to see it - he so deserves it and...I'm so curiours too. (I love UFC, too, but usually I can't watch the live fights because I have to be with the children. However, Seth always is aware of the interesting ones and buys them for me to view later once they are out! What a wonderful guy, huh?)

4 comments:

Denise said...

I can't wait to see "little" Michael!!!!

Do you remember how Noah kept interrupting the first year of home-school? He was one years old, granted, but remember Mom finally putting him in the pack and play and just letting him "watch" us... And yet how he still was a monkey trying to distract us? I think younger children will always be "hard" but I do think as he gets older, it'll be easier. You could school as he naps, or put him in a swing, or in your wrap. You'll find out what works for you guys! I'll pray as well. But your attitude will mean a lot to whether the girls enjoy it as well. :)

I'd love to try a 15 minute workout with your kettlebell. Do you have 20 and 30 lb ones? I can't believe how expensive they are! I admire your hard work, and I know I'll see changes when I see you next. I have been faithfully getting up at 5:30 and working out and having my quiet time... So far so good, even if I don't see a difference. Bleh.

Seth and Karen's blog said...

Denise,

Thanks for you encouraging comment. I actually do try to school them while Michael sleeps, but I still don't have his schedule figured out yet. He usually will take a long nap mid-morning and that is when I grab the opportunity to school the girls, but for some reason he didn't do that at all this past week. Then today (Tuesday) he slept for so long and woke up to nurse then fell asleep again for a long time - I couldn't believe it! I do remember Noah and sometimes I could quit school early and take care of him for Mom, too. That was fun!

You put me to shame! 5:30? Wow! Such self-discipline! I appreciate your compliments, but I really doubt you'll see much of a difference since last visit. I have barely budged on the scale, and have only seemed to firm things up slightly. *sighs* However, I am not feeling a constant nagging of discontent like after the other two children. I still want to feel a healthy drive to get back in shape, but at least I don't have the obsessive self-conscienceness that I used to. On the bright side, I think my body fat percentage is a lot lower than had previously thought. My goal is 15 or 14% and, if my calculations are correct I am at about 19.6%. I should go get myself hydro-weighed to be sure. Hahahah!

Love you!

I have 20 and 10lb kettlebells, but I mostly use the 20lb, but I think a 15 or 18 would be more suited for me. Sometimes it is too hard and I will switch to the 10lb, but then it feels way too easy. They are expensive - even the cheaper quality ones like the ones we got at Walmart. They usually recommend Dragon Door or Adar. (I think those are the correct brand names.)

Susannah Forshey said...

Karen, I think it's hilarious you watch UFC. :D It's my secret obsession, too. I started out taping them for Ben when he had to work, then I got totally hooked! I even watched them alone, when he was in the field!! :P I haven't seen one in probably 2 years, since we quit our cable, but once in a while we'd watch a PPV at one of his soldier's BBQ's on a Friday night. They're such an adrenaline rush!

Seth and Karen's blog said...

Susi,

I'm glad to hear we share the same interest. I think most girls aren't really into that sort of stuff, but I love it! Seth finds good deals and buys older ones to watch. He loves to get the history and know the records of all the guys. We don't have cable anymore, so Seth will usually watch the PPVs at a friend's house then he'll come home and tell me how the fights went, who lost to whom and how they did it. I love it all and, like you said, find myself watching them voluntarily even when Seth isn't around! :)