Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Holidays

Well, we've already had quite a busy few weeks and it's not even Christmas yet! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at my Uncle and Aunt's beautiful new home. Some relatives from out of town flew in and even Mary's boyfriend's family (the Bowmens) spent Thanksgiving in NC celebrating with all of us Graydons and some Dienstfreis. It was a lot of fun and Seth set up something special for the kids in the evening. He built a blazing fire in the large fireplace in my father's courtyard and then bought graham crackers, hershys and marshmallows and told Bible stories while the kids enjoyed s'mores. It was so fun that eventually everyone join in...right around the time we had to leave to get the kids to bed. :( That's life as a parent, though.

We then enjoyed another Thanksgiving at the Robinson's with the Westbrooks. It's such fun getting together with the Westbrooks. Kristen and I love to visit, especially when Mom (Mrs. Robinson) can join us as well. And the children play, play, play like there is no tomorrow. Kristen initiated a jog for us ladies while Seth and Chris (Seth's cousin) watched all 7 children! We jogged for about a mile then I had to drop out to check on Michael (so I said :) but Kristen and Mrs. Robinson continued for another couple miles, I think. Such stamina!

Next, we left very suddenly for a quick trip to New Bern with some of my family. It was like a mini vacation. We love New Bern. The kids always say they want to move there! Anyway, it was fun except I actually felt under the weather for a day. Seth let me sleep a lot and I think that helped me be able to kick it quickly.

And now for the exciting news...several, in fact.

1. Seth is beginning to take some MMA (mixed martial arts) classes here in Danville. A school just opened up and I really encouraged Seth to try it out since it is such a passion of his. He went several night this past week and loved it! I rarely see him get so excited, but he really is enjoying this. However, he has already sustained several injuries. It isn't so much because of inexperience as it is grappling with a 380lb guy! Yep, and since Seth is such a trooper he wouldn't say no! He has done it several times, but this time he suffered a shoulder separation and now has to rest up for a while. Seth's naturally very good at this sort of thing. The guy even asked him if he was a ringer (someone who is experienced, but claims they aren't)!

2. And on to the even more monumental news...Mary is engaged to Fred Bowmen! Yes, it finally happened and we are so happy for them. They are looking at a wedding possibly in late April. I absolutely love weddings, especially when it is my sister's! I'm looking forward to helping out any way I can. Yay!

3. Michael turned 6 months old today! He is so precious and has already enjoyed eating solids, sitting for brief periods without support, rolling over, reaching for toys and holding onto them for long periods of time, babbling and many more little feats!

Ok, so I am going to attempt to upload a few pics. I really need to get good at this because picture make a blog post SO WAY more interesting (or so I think when I read other people's blogs).

Here is me and Michael at the Robinsons



Mom and Kristen (notice Seth doing dishes in the background? He's terrific!)



A Graydon, Robinson, Dienstfrei family photo!


My wonderful parents



Haley holding her nephew - both beautiful!


My baby boy is 6 months old!


Seth reading stories to the kids on Thanksgiving


Katrina and Shiona with Abby

2 comments:

Haley said...

Ha! I didn't know you had taken that picture! Stuart and I are soooo excited about Mary and Fred's news too. Also, I'm glad you got to spend some time with the Westbrooks. I love their family and their children are always so sweet and beautiful! Can't wait to see you and Seth and your little crew at Christmas (which reminds me, I cannot believe that Michael is 6 months old! Where does the time go?)

lislynn said...

So glad to see some pictures! Keep 'em coming!